Terms of Service
Please read and make yourself aware of these Terms of Website Use (“Terms”) carefully before using this website www.jamescarrerice.com our site”).
By using our site, you confirm that you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our site. We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
Who we are and how to contact us
www.jamescarrerice.com is a site operated by James Carré-Rice.com (“We“). We are a limited company registered in Jersey, Channel Islands under company number 137754. Our registered office is No.1 The Arsenal, La Grande Route de St Laurent, St Lawrence, Jersey, JE3 1NG.
To contact us, please get in touch using our Contact Form
There are other terms and Conditions that may apply to you
These Terms refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of our site:
Where you purchase products or services through our site, different terms and conditions will apply to these purchases.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated in January 2022.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products and services, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of our site in breach of these Terms, your right to use our site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to.
Where our site contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of these Terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided that:
- You do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these Terms.
- You may not link to any part of our site other than the home page and our site must not be framed on any other site
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms through your use of our site. When a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate which may include (but is not limited to):
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs resulting from the breach.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes
If you are a consumer, please note that these Terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by Jersey law. You and we both agree that the courts of Jersey, Channel Islands will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident outside Jersey, Channel Islands you may also bring proceedings in the territory in which you are resident.
If you are a business, these Terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by Jersey law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Jersey, Channel Islands.